For Windows 7, Windows Server 2008
- MPDetection-01022013-165233.log — records an every time malware is detected.
%systemdrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Network Inspection System\Support
- NisLog.txt — log file for Network Inspection System (NIS), if enabled. NIS is the network monitoring component of SCEP. It creates a log file in
For Windows XP:
%systemdrive%\ProgramData = %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data
Open in Notepad:
MPLog-07162012-093608.log — 16 juuli 2012 09:36:08 log file was first created, typically the MPLog is created during the installation of the SCEP client.
- Threat — locate records of malware detection
— «infected file was successfully removed»
- Signature updated via — record of the client defenition updating
- Signature updated via InternalDefinitionUpdateServer on N jaan 10 2013 18:03:46 — from WSUS/SUP server within your corporate network
- Signature updated via MicrosoftUpdateServer on N jaan 10 2013 18:03:46 — from Microsoft Updates server over internet
- Signature updated via UNC \\Servername\share on N jaan 10 2013 18:03:46 — from UNC file shar
- Scan source — to locate a record of scheduled scan running/demand
- Expensive file — instance of an expencive file detection during a scan.